Google's Top Diet Trends for 2014 and a New Year's Challenge

Dearest Readers,

With the New Year upon us we look back to view important events.  Diet related health is a number one concern worldwide.   Below I've posted a screen shot taken today of Google's top diet trends for 2014.  I am gratified to see people motivated to avoid processed and inflammatory foods (Paleo), markedly reduce refined carbohydrates (Atkins) and avoid gluten (Gluten Free Diet).

In the spirit of a healthy 2015 I propose a New Year's Challenge:  For a period of 30 days, eat a balanced diet but avoid all grains and added sugars/sweeteners.  At the end of 30 days write me a note to tell me how you feel and what you noticed.

For guidelines to this approach I recommend  http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Wishing you health and prosperity in 2015,
Ann Marie Childers, MD